Boutique Hotels in Johannesburg
Our Eco Boutique Hotel in Johannesburg
As expected, the city of Johannesburg, the economic hub of South Africa, has all types of accommodation and hostelries – B&Bs, guest houses, backpacker rooms, boarding houses, short-term rental homes and apartments, self-catering units, lodges, large hotels, and of course, boutique hotels.
Boutique hotels are smaller establishments than their counterparts, big hotels with umpteen guest rooms, each one usually owned by a hotel group that specialises in the mass hospitality industry. Boutique hotels are generally independently owned and managed, offering fewer than 100 guest accommodation rooms or suites.
Fewer rooms equate to fewer guests at any one time, a feature of boutique establishments that discerning guests prefer. Guests are treated as individual visitors, not as just another number. They’re accorded personal attention and personal service. Attention to detail can be seen throughout the boutique hotel’s operational practices and guest amenities.
Every attempt is made to create a home-away-from-home atmosphere and ambience, evident in accommodation standards, room décor (sometimes themed), cosy and welcoming communal facilities, and delicious, freshly prepared meals of superior standard.
Exclusivity is part and parcel of true boutique hotels, which are typically graded as having four or more stars. They are special places that cater to and for special guests.
What Makes Thaba Eco Hotel So Special
At Thaba Eco Hotel, our boutique hotel is known for its various, unique and distinctive features that are appreciated and admired by our guests and visitors.
- Our hotel has been referred to as the “green heart of Johannesburg”, mainly because of our eco, green policy, practices and operations, all as environmentally friendly as is humanly possible, from lighting, cooling, heating, indigenous and organic gardening, and water and electricity saving, to recycling and architecture that was designed to have a minimal impact on our environment’s natural fauna and flora.
- We like to think of our ethos as representing luxury with a purpose. While we remain true to our stringent eco policy, there’s absolutely no compromise on the quality and extent of the luxuries which guests expect of our 4-star boutique hotel.
- We are also known as one of the most romantic hotels in Johannesburg, so much so that we’ve actually designed a special romantic package for couples that wish for those extra romantic touches and gestures. Our hotel is also a favourite wedding venue.
- Dining at Thaba Eco Hotel is simply put – a delight for those with a discerning palate.
- We’re well-equipped to host all types of events – functions, parties, special celebrations, conferences, team building and product launches.
- Guest accommodation is luxurious. Rooms are beautifully appointed and look out over the Klipriviersberg Nature Reserve, one of the green gems to be found on the outskirts of Johannesburg.
So, when can we welcome you at our boutique hotel?