Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.thabahotel.co.za
At Thaba Eco Hotel we stress the importance of privacy and are committed to earning the trust of our guests by adopting high standards for the protection of personal information.
Our policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person to whom such questions or requests should be directed, and the means by which to communicate with that person.
In this policy ‘The Hotel” means Thaba Eco Hotel, and its affiliated companies, as they may exist from time to time, which include, without limitation, the subsidiaries which carry on business that use the following names: Kraal Restaurant and E|Bar. The words ‘we’ and ‘Thaba Eco Hotel’ do not include third party hotel owners or third parties involved in the delivery of services, however we have requested such hotel owners and third party suppliers to abide by the terms of our Privacy Protection Policy.
In this policy, personal information means information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available and is not part of your work identification.
It also includes information on guest preferences and usage, when such information is supplied to or recorded by the Hotel in the course of transacting business with an individual.
How you may provide us your personal information?
- When making an ‘Enquiry for an event’.
- When making a ‘Restaurant booking’.
- When making a ‘Hotel reservation’.
- When leaving a message with the telephone operator
- By providing it to us in communications regarding service delivery such as comment cards, guest feedback forms and online reputation management services.
- By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative.
- By visiting our website or social media pages.
Below we will outline the type of information normally collected in each of these circumstances, the reasons for doing so, how we will use it and store it.
Why we collect personal information?
- To establish and maintain a responsible relationship with you and to provide ongoing service.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better.
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services. For example, we look at our guests’ use of our services so that we can better understand how to improve our services.
- To manage and develop our business and operations.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
When do we disclose personal information?
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
- We may disclose a guest’s personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of the, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest – for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
- Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to affect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
- Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by the Hotel to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of the Hotel it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimised by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
- Any such disclosure of a guest’s personal information by the Hotel to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
- The Hotel will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
- The Hotel will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
- The Hotel will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
- The Hotel will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
- The Hotel will honour your request to access your personal information in as timely fashion as is reasonably possible.
- You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us.
- You may also withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by e-mailing us email@example.com, using ‘Unsubscribe’ as the subject line, and providing us sufficient personal identifiers so we can act effectively on your request.
However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request in respect of your personal information please contact our Privacy Officer:
Evert le Roux – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website Usage and Privacy Information
- In accordance with some of Google’s recent compulsory policies, we herewith inform you that we might be tracking your cookies as our web site / company is currently undertaking Google AdWords remarketing of any other Google AdWords feature that tracks such cookies.
- By visiting this site, you agree that certain of our Google AdWords remarketing and or other advertisements can follow you as you visit other web sites that form part of Google’s Display Network (GDN).
- Note that we shall under no circumstances be utilizing any personally identifiable information as obtained through our Google AdWords remarketing campaign in any other related marketing endeavors – online or otherwise. (Such restricted utilization of information includes the sharing of such with third parties.)
- The Company shall under no circumstances be using any sensitive information of any nature on any of our remarketing tags.
- The Company shall duly endeavor to adhere to all of the current in-effect policies of Google related to remarketing or any other form of Google advertising in all of its Google AdWords marketing campaigns. (In instances of possible non-conformity to such, the Company shall endeavor to rectify such in a prompt manner.)
- You may opt out of seeing advertisements for website, by simply clicking here: – http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/.
- We have implemented certain Google Analytics features for the primary purpose of attempting to ascertain the success of our online marketing endeavours via the Google AdWords platform.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.